Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dewey (my MakerBot) upgraded with low cost, parts printed on Dewey (my MakerBot)!





OK, which came first? The chicken or the egg? The printable upgrade poses a similar question, which came first, Dewey (my MakerBot) or the plastic parts in the Z-axis wobble arrestor printed in 3D by Dewey (my MakerBot)?

The low cost, 3D printed parts where uploaded to Thingiverse by another MakerBot owner in the pursuit of improving the print quality. While trying to find ways to improve Dewey's print quality I happened upon his designs, downloaded the files, printed them out, and installed them. All for pennies.

Imagine the possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. That is to cool. I want to see this thing in action. The hinzys need to have the degenharts over for dinner asap.

    ReplyDelete